Head of Data Centre Services, Oceania
Are you an accomplished Data Centre Manager who can demonstrate experience in the running of a large Data Centre environment? Do you have a customer facing background and are well versed in bringing in new clients/setting up new areas?
Fujitsu's Data Centre offering is considered key to our ITO and Cloud capabilities and its at the forefront of innovation in Data Centre Technologies. The role will be a key factor in Fujitu's growth in this area.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure delivery of strategic operational plans to agreed budget, within timescale meeting internal/external customer expectations;
- Ensure all 3rd Party, contractors, vendors and suppliers working within the Data centre area are aligned to Fujitsu corporate procurement standards.
- Risk Management: Manage risk to Fujitsu and its customers through deployment of risk management methodologies within the Service area to remove, mitigate or alleviate any threat across the whole of the Data centre business.
- Reporting: Maintain monthly metrics across the data centre portfolio as they relates to industry best practice and ensure Service Level reporting is maintained as per customer obligations
- Providing functional/business expertise in addition to driving the overall business plan with other senior managers;
- Participating in the negotiation of business growth within guidelines;
- Facilities Management: Innovate to improve standards and practices for all Data Centre FM and Implementation teams, developing business cases and owning costs, improve productivity to ensure services are provided professionally and improvements implemented.
- Contributes to the overall financial results of the company through the achievement of profit, revenue and cost centres/budgets within area of responsibility.
- Focusing on continuous improvement across the DC business from an operational excellence perspective, increase productivity, lower operating expense or increase revenue growth within the area of responsibility.
- Manages and develops one or more teams including recruiting, directing, developing and motivating direct reports to ensure high employee engagement and enablement
- Ensure the Data Centre leads on Sustainability certification and standards including NABERS, ISO14001 and ISO50001.
- Ensuring best use of renewable energy, government rebates and schemes and assist with client energy efficiency advice
To perform this role at the level required, it is expected you have experience in:
- Proven leadership skills in managing multiple teams of technical staff
- Proven ability to manage 3rd Parties and subcontractors as they relate to Data Centre services
- Successful track record managing executive client relationships and influencing and impacting at executive level
- Extensive service management experience and ITIL knowledge
- A deep understanding of the Australian DC & IT Outsourcing market
- Advanced knowledge, understanding, and experience in business and operational systems
- Proficient in contract negotiations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Flexibility, Diversity and Inclusion
Fujitsu is committed to equality of opportunity for all. Achieve more and thrive with a global brand that actively nurtures and supports our diverse employee and client networks. We value unique perspectives on our team, therefore we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds, sexualities and gender identities. We have a culture of respect for professional and private commitments although some roles may demand some travel and flexibility to meet clients and to drive performance.
Some of the benefits of working for Fujitsu include: recognition programs for staff, flexible work arrangements, purchased leave, novated lease options and discounts for travel with Mantra Group, Accor, Qantas, Avis and British Airways. You will also be eligible for technology discounts with Apple, Canon, Optus and Microsoft. We also provide physical wellness rebates with BUPA, Fitness First, SpecSavers and Navy Health and are strongly committed to Sustainability.
Fujitsu: Empowering human difference